Emmet County Treasurer's Office
Emmet County Courthouse
609 1st Avenue North
Estherville, IA 51334
Lisa M. Rosburg, Emmet County Treasurer
Tax Department: 712-362-3824
Auto Department: 712-362-5679
Drivers Licenses: 712-362-5679
Property tax and motor vehicle: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Drivers Licenses and Identification Cards are issued in the office of the County Treasurer Monday through Friday by appointment.
Drive testing is offered by appointment.
CDL and motorcycle drive testing are not offered in Emmet County.
Duties of the Emmet County Treasurer:
- To process property tax payments for; real estate, mobile homes, drainage assessments, special city assessments, regional water and city nuisance assessments.
- To maintain and preserve tax lists.
- To apportion all levied tax collections to proper authorities.
- To hold annual tax sales for delinquent tax liens on the 3rd Monday of June.
- To administer disabled/senior citizens property tax credit program.