Emmet County Iowa Attorney's Office
County Attorney In His Or Her Official Capacity, DOES:
- Prosecute all violations of state criminal laws and county ordinances.
- Provide legal advice to the Board of Supervisors and county and township officers concerning county matters.
- Represent and defend the state, county and its officers in officially related cases.
- Recover all monies (debts, fines, penalties, etc.) owing to the state or county.
- Present all mental health commitment proceedings and all juvenile delinquency and child in need of assistance cases.
There are both full-time and part-time County Attorneys in Iowa. Roughly two-thirds of all County Attorneys are part-time and may handle private legal work in addition to their official duties.
County Attorney In His Or Her Official Capacity, DOES NOT:
- Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
- File lawsuits or private persons or defend them against lawsuits including actions for dissolution of marriage.
- Prepare wills, deeds or other legal documents.
VINE – Victim Information and Notification Everyday:
- The IowaVINE is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding their offender’s custody status and register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender’s custody status changes.
- This service is brought to you by your local Emmet County Sheriff’s Department.
- The VINE toll-free number for IowaVINE is 888-742-8463.
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON VINE