Emmet County Jail
• Visitation - Thursdays and Sundays from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
• No person will be allowed to visit a prisoner if they have any criminal charge pending in court.
• All visitors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
• Each prisoner will fill out a visitor list monthly with three visitors on that list. Immediate family do not need to be on the list. In addition to immediate family, those on the list are the only people allowed to visit a prisoner. Exception: a prisoner's minister or attorney may visit with them at any time.
• Jail Room and Board: A prisoner that has been convicted in court and sentenced to serve time in the Emmet County Jail must pay room and board.
• Daily rate: $35/day weekdays no work release • $50/day with work release • $50/day weekends
• A work release will not be allowed unless court ordered. A person on work release will pay their room and board in advance.
• Breakfast (prepared on site) - Cereal, fruit, bread, milk and juice
• Lunch (prepared on site) - Milk, cold meat sandwich, fruit, bag of chips
• Supper - Hot lunch
Emmet County will provide 2 stamped envelopes per week to be used by a prisoner. All mail coming or going may be read by staff of the Emmet County Sheriff Department. Exception: Mail to or from the prisoner's attorney will remain confidential. No obscene or pornographic material, food, beverages, tobacco will be allowed in the jail.
Inmates are allowed to use the inmate phone at any time when they are not in lockdown. The person being called will be billed for the call by Reliance Telephone Systems. Phone cards can also be purchased at a reduced rate by calling Reliance Telephone Systems at 800-896-3201 or by visiting Reliance Telephone Website. All calls may be monitored by staff. iPods for texting are also available for use by inmates and text cards can be purchased in the same manner as phone cards. All texts sent and received may be monitored by staff.
The Emmet County Jail currently has a commissary. A list of the items will be available for purchase to each inmate. Items from the commissary will be purchased via Tiger snacks. Family members or friends will have the ability to purchase commissary on tigersnack.com for inmates. Inmates will not have the ability to purchase commissary online. Only family or friends will have access to the website. The commissary program will be available to all inmates who are compliant with all jail rules and regulations. Any inmates who do not adhere to the rules and regulations will lose their commissary privileges.